PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jam Sandwhiches = Insanity
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2006, 00:57
last third

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr Jam Sandwhiches = Insanity

Trawling through other threads and I thought I'd start one on pay and conditions in the RW Industry (here goes!!!!!).
Now before we start we all know that the less experience you have the lower the pay rate and every profession pays less when you are first starting out however what happends when you are finally qualified and on your way.
Example: I Know that the rig pigs in Sale are paid more than the S-76 drivers that ferry them out and back every fortnight. The drivers are ME CIR qualified with at least 3000 hrs tot and 1500 hrs in comd twin with the requisite over water time. They are experienced professionals (before you start no, I don't work oil and gas)
Mining companies pay their miners and staff more than the pilots that ferry them to and from the mines FW and RW. These companies also provide housing accom food and reunioun travel back to wives, families etc after their shifts are complete.
Other Pruners have eluded to the fact that in the future there will be a shortage of RW trained pilots (AKA Rob Rich) however will low supply = high demand = more $$$$$, at this point recent history doesn't support this claim.
Will the global trend be to vote with your feet and leave the industry all together?
Are you happy with what you are being paid? Does the industry need a shake up and a reality check ref what is offered?
Would you/do you work for jam sandwhiches and therefore are we insane???
Lasty