PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2006, 22:43
LeftatRomeoOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for anyone else who, just because they were a passenger on Ryanair once, please find your appropriate forum to air your views.

That's right Danny - who cares what 40 million people think- eh! Sh!t-stirrers!

The passengers may be revolting but heh - shut the door, let them die of thirst, take them to Luton (it's not the end of the world, but you can see it from there!) or have them sitting in stinking vomit - who gives a sh!t.

Only a professional pilot with his head up his ar5e would think that tonight's programme doesn't affect his job or life as a professional pilot. Do none of you guys get it? The fact that it is Ryanair, BA, BMI, Flybe is irrelevant. Channel 4, The Times, News of the World or the Beano, it matters not.

Safety records are not the same as safety culture. One day somebody will be too tired and too sh!t scared of demotion to £70k per annum to do the safe thing. One day somebody will be sleeping when the cabin fills with smoke or fails to pressurise. One day somebody will be on-board who shouldn't be. One day the slide won't inflate when it is needed.

One day I'll be waving my wife and 2 young children off from the gate (damn! - not more of those passenger thingies. They delay the turnaround don't you know?).

Just so long as the pilot isn't too tired to fly (or suffered a recent bereavement), the cabin crew aren't settling down for a nap, the cabin crew aren't terrorists, mentally ill or criminals with disqualifying convictions and at least some of the safety equipment (which MOL hasn't been able to persuade Boeing/IAA not to fit - it'll happen!) is working, everything will be fine. So long as the pilot keeps the bar intact and isn't being pestered by 'the great unwashed', I'll go home safe in the knowledge that everything is OK because MOL says so.

There are two basic laws of the universe that have yet to be defied;

1. You cannot compromise on safety - your customers will not forgive you.
2. You cannot treat your customers like sh!t - your customers will not forgive you.