PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2006, 17:24
MrFire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*duck*

So is the general consensus that the ongoing isssues with ryanair are not essentially safety related (excepting fatigue), but principally concerned with crap pay, conditions, management attitude, work environment, T&C, anti-union action etc?

IF so, would this not be two issues: 1) fatigue, due rostering and contract hours (safety issue)
2) management being tw@s and the ceo being a tw@
?
The first can and should be addressed
The second is a condition of the majority of the working world. The unions got shafted before my time and we aint never getting em back...

Possibly if C4 had done a detailed, INFORMED examination of fatigue, flight time, legal regs, work time/flight time etc, and then focussed on that the program could have at least found a 'real' area of concern.
The laughable safety allegations made do little to give credibility to C4 - the passenger in 1A dies on impact, so dont tell them - 'critical' security checks like checking pax have ticket - and, i note that the trails imply that the lifejacket checks are so that you wont drown in the event of forced ditch into ocean , rather than security of cabin (or is it me that misundrstands that one?)