PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2006, 16:14
GGV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I notice a lot of outraged people here (including one who has decided to make a formal complaint before the programme even goes out). How does one generate such passion without ever having seen the programme?

So far nobody has mentioned the substantial Business Opinion Editorial in today's Irish Times, which I found to be a balanced and entirely sensible piece. Among other things it says (to pick but two):
based on the correspondence released by Ryanair, it is hard to see the programme doing the airline any lasting damage.
and
But what the Dispatches programme is doing is seriously challenging this assumption that low cost carriers don't compromise on safety issues.
I cannot know the motivations of those who seem to feel it important to paint C4 negatively and I am sure that many are sincere. But neither can I fail to notice that many of the posts here are entirely in keeping with the Ryanair P.R. effort to paint C4 as being wrong and on the defensive.

We simply cannot know how the evidence stacks up until we see this programme. Is that really such a radical suggestion as some seem to think?