PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2006, 12:21
Topslide6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
atse,

...we haven't seen the program. Correct. We have, however, seen the evidence on which the program is based. Where in that have you got an issue? Unless C4 is going to pull something outrageous out the bag thus breaking their own industry guidelines/regulation then we are perfectly capable of making an assumption as to what's coming. If we're proved wrong at 9.00 tonight so be it. I highly doubt it, however.

Having listened to the radio interviews on RTE (link on page 8), MOL wants to be a bit careful claiming his pilots work only 18 hours a week. Hours flown DOES NOT = hours worked. I'd have thought that was perfectly obvious!!

If this is the kind of thing the producer was fishing for,

falsely declaring low-fuel status, overtaking preceding aircraft on approach(!)
then I think it sums up their attitude rather well. Again, they just show a complete and utter ignorance of the industry and its workings.

arewenearlythereyet

The atmosphere of intimidation towards their employees and lack of customer care or attention is what we should be rejoicing about
As long as the management are acting within the law then surely they can run their company any way they like. I'm not claiming the way they do so is correct...just that they can do it. If it really is that terrible then the employees can look elsewhere. Take a look on any recruitment website at the moment and you'll see a worldwide lack of experienced 737 rated crews.

Maybe the spotlight should be pointed at the regulatory authorities, and why they let this alleged 'bullying' take place. Just a thought.