PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2006, 11:31
RogerIrrelevant69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
arewenearly there
That’s all very well but I think the aim of this program is very definitely to raise concerns in the public mind about the safety of flying with Ryanair. If you have seen the trailer for this program you would be left in no doubt about that.

If I owned/ran/represented Ryanair and it was being wilfully misrepresented, I don’t think I would wait around too long before I got on the blower to my lawyer. You don’t have to be a professional lawyer to know when to hire one.

On a separate issue, the terms and conditions of the staff of Ryanair or any other airline are not going to stop Joe Public booking with them. Joe Public buys from companies on a daily basis that have much worse terms and conditions than Ryanair or anywhere else most of us would care to work – supermarkets, call centres, junk food outlets, anything produced in China, etc, etc,.

atse:
But you have yet to read my message, at the start of it I said:
the program maker’s evidence (based on their correspondence to date) is very weak.
Perhaps you forgot that bit by the time you reached the 2nd paragraph.

Don't get me wrong, I am not some sort of Ryanair worshipper, I wouldn't work for them based on what I heard elsewhere a long time ago, but it wasn't anything to do with safety issues.