PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2006, 11:07
Idunno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It said in yesterdays Sunday Times that Ryanair management are planning a mass 'Oscars' type screening of the show to their employees in Stansted, at which the individuals who appear (criticising the company) will be called up and presented with fake awards for their acting, plus 'prizes' of holidays and spending money. Sounds like a suspension with pay pending 'investigation' to me!

Is that for real or just another Ryanair management jibe?
What if you don't wanna go to their film show? Is it compulsory to attend?

I think C4 is indeed getting a chill wind at the moment. But thats good. They've probably started getting a REAL feel for the intimidation the employees live under.

As to C4 being 'afraid' of MOL - well, all I can say is, you'll never win a fight with the media. They have all the cards. Usually the guns are turned against aircrews (they drink on duty, they only work 2 hours a week, they're overpaid etc etc...perpetuating myths) but this time the airline itself is feeling the heat. MOL might even win a court case - but that ain't the end of the war, its just the first skirmish. They'll keep digging, and eventually the dirt will stick.