PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2006, 08:55
RogerIrrelevant69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I was the program maker and/or Channel 4, I would be getting nervous by now. Bermondseya summed it up well earlier - the program maker’s evidence (based on their correspondence to date) is very weak. Whereas Ryanair appear to have all the evidence they require. Ryanair have displayed no shyness when it comes to pursuing court cases. In fact I think Ryanair could potentially save themselves some overhead if they moved their HR department to somewhere near the Four Courts in Dublin, as so many of their dealings end up in there.

That aside, some objectivity may be required here. There is a tendency by some to link the gripes of a number of Dublin based pilots to other issues - namely safety. Surely they cannot be directly linked. Surely every pilot flying in Ryanair is a well trained professional dedicated to excellence in their field. Regardless of problems the pilots may or may not have with management on the ground, I cannot believe these problems come into play when it comes to flying the aircraft safely. I cannot find anything in the evidence presented by the program makers (and roundly contradicted by Ryanair) to suggest safety is being compromised.