PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2006, 07:11
BBT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Topslide6 - your reaction is a tribute to the masterful Ryanair P.R. strategy. You have hopped straight onto "the right" of reply bandwagon. You even write to say that
.......... those advocating watching the program before forming an opinion...I don't really get where you're coming from.
With respect, that is not a particularly wise position to take. Just for starters, had you considered that the correspondence between Ryanair and C4 is part of the jousting for position that comes with this territory? Impressions are created, notions are perpetuated, bad news is spun positively, weak points from the other side are exaggerated, court cases are prepared for, etc. etc.

All I know for certain is that the claims about the demoted pilot in the correspondence are a complete misrepresentation of the situation. I have read the letter from the IAA to the pilot telling him that he made the correct decision. The Ryanair version of this serves their purposes, but is seriously misleading.

I think we should watch carefully and comment afterwards about what was persuasive and what was not.