PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2006, 22:55
Topslide6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread could end up competing with Jet Blast if it carries on growing like this...any publicity is good publicty

Anyway, those advocating watching the program before forming an opinion...I don't really get where you're coming from.

We can read the correspondence from the TV company and see how weak their 'evidence' is and the utter cp they're attempting to peddle. They can't have anything else in their arsenal of 'evidnce' as by their own admision, they'd be breaking their industry guidelines if they withheld it from Ryanair. The fact they will not allow Ryanair ANY sort of unedited response stinks too.

As such there are two outcomes as far as I see it regarding the program:

1) They broadcast what they have got and it's going to be a complete damp squib, or;
2) Edit what little they have heavily to attempt to create something from nothing.

It's obvious from the way C4 have advertised the program that it's going to be the latter of the two. If i'm not mistaken they've been taking out adds in national newspapers showing actresses dressed in Ryanair unifom asleep. That's not a balanced approach to anything and sums up to me exactly what dispatches are planning to do with the program. It's a hatchet job, simple as that.

Remember, they could do this to ANY airline in the country and doubtless come up with the same rubbish.

It's not so much the fact that they're making the program that gets me, it's the way they've gone about it, their utter ignorance of the industry and the fact that they can broadcast this rubbish to an understandably and rightly ignorant public. There is the potential to cause damage to a business that has every right to operate the way it does within the law whether we like it or not and as such I hope they are made to pay for it in the courts.

Bloody fools.