PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2006, 19:11
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by snaga
captjns just a couple of points. Burke was an Irish politician. I think it could fairly be stated that he viewed the role of the Fourth Estate to be in doing exactly what Channel 4 is now doing, which is watching like a hawk how those with power actually use their power and in informing the public. While Burke is a politician beloved of conservatives, I think anyone familiar with this life would be inclined to suspect that he would have looked upon Ryanair's behaviour with an exceedingly sceptical eye.

Also you ask for equal time for Ryanair. Even if a right of response were merited, is that not just a little generous? Today I spoke to a Ryanair pilot who has suffered quite badly at the hands of Ryanair and is currently planning to leave. He will not get any right of reply. He will be given a very hard time if he seeks redress through the courts. He will not be entertained by the IAA. Who speaks for him?
I agree, like Ryanair, the indivual you spoke to has the right to rebut his/her posistion. Nobody is forced to work for any company they feel is not providing them with equal pay, or treatment, for services delivered. There are is an over abundance of lawyers who can provide proper legal services to individuals mistreated by employers. Perhaps, you can advise the individual, to whome you spoke with, to retain proper counsel.

representation, I am sure