PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2006, 13:51
skysoarer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Camel Killer
ROFLMAO How touchingly naive! You have obviously never dealt with the IAA, those world champions of acquiessence to the Bart Simpson defence - "they didn't do it, you never saw it and you can't prove it"

LOL! Well I'm certainly not in a rush to believe Channel IV over the IAA! C4 is the home of Big Waste of Transmission Time. Ryanair do have problems but, with a search on Google or BBC News, they don't seem to have many serious safety implications? We've had a naff few years for aircraft safety, but we're (in our corner of Europe) still very safe for commercial aviation. I wouldn't bat an eyelid at flying on Ryanair as a passenger, and why should I?

I can't work for them anyway due to the shear cost of getting in there. Just about every profession under the sun has issues with long-hours, which seems to be the only thing with substance that C4 have to present. Well Whoppee doo, I've had long hours for the last 8 years, and my folks have had it for Many more. We have it pretty good here in the Uk in terms of safety, and we should appreciate it and be thankful.

As for Naive? I'm more likely to deal with the CAA than the IAA, but my comments about the general safety of aviation here stand. I'm far more in fear of my safety driving on the motorway. C4 not allowing a decent Ryanair response speaks for itself and *that* point should be highlighted over all else with regards to this television. I'm certainly not wasting any more time posting *here* until the programme has aired.