PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2006, 15:17
Aloue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
powdermonkey, most people who edit their posts do so to soften remarks that might have been a bit hasty. You went the other way and added
Spare me your condescending /flippant attitude.
You are indeed entitled to your opinions, but there was nothing either "condescending" or "flippant" in what I wrote. I just took your first post - which differs in tone from your second - at face value and responded accordingly. Apart from the condenscending/flippant bit I can better see your position from the second post.

bermondseya, you also are entitled to you opinions, especially when you say that
Perhaps my post count would be higher here if there wasn't a propensity to play the man and not the ball.
There is, however, a bit of a difference between pointing out inconsistencies and "playing the man", is there not? You also seem to confuse the number of posts with what they contain. If you did not make a similar "smoothing" sounds about Ryanair in the past - a point you did NOT address in your reply - you would indeed be entitled to have the remark withdrawn.

But both of you seem to miss the point - which is that by posting here your logic and the content of what you write is open to scrutiny and criticism, no less than it is for myself. I will leave it up to others to make up their own minds about where you and I are coming from. In that regard bermondseya I really do find it exceedingly strange that you feel able to say the following
It is my opinion that the accusations made by Despatches do not demonstrate a problem at Ryanair.
before the programme has actually been transmitted. I think it is not "playing the man" to observe that this is a remarkable position to take, particularly given the Ryanair news management techniques already discussed by several contributors to this thread. Interestingly, it is also consistent with taking a "soothing" position regarding Ryanair.