PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2006, 14:48
bermondseya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dear Aloue,

Likewise for bermondseya - whom I seem to remember making similar smoothing noises about Ryanair in the past - and who is now saying, in effect, that since all companies have complaining employees this must be so much hot air.
Your memory needs working on. I have made 12 posts, one of which relates to Ryanair (the one you quoted). You have made 83 posts, 48 of which relate to Ryanair. Obviously one of us has an axe to grind, and it isn't me. Perhaps my post count would be higher here if there wasn't a propensity to play the man and not the ball.

You also misunderstand me. People complain in all jobs and it doesn't always prove there is something wrong. It is my opinion that the accusations made by Despatches do not demonstrate a problem at Ryanair. The robust, credible and detailed rebuttals of these accusations (with supporting documents) demonstrates to me that Despatch have spent three months and come up blank.

Their letters consist of many accusations (I see no supporting evidence, purely suggestions that they have things on tape) and in my opinion amounts to nothing more than a fishing expedition. They are simply trying to find out what Ryanair's defence is so they can edit their programme accordingly in order to bolster their weak case.

From reading the correspondance, it is clear to me that the standard required to become a CEO of a major airline is greater than the standard required to become a producer of a small TV production company.

If there is a problem at Ryanair, it is clear to me that this TV production company has not found it.

Perhaps one of the many journalists who frequent this site can let us know how these TV production companies get paid. Do they only get paid if they produce the show? i.e. if they don't have a case they get nothing, so there is a financial incentive to provide 60 minutes of programming no matter what?