PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2006, 11:15
bermondseya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only the Ryanair correspondance was marked 'Private and Confidential' and one assumes they can decide their own correspondance no longer fits that bill. Nevertheless, why not fight fire with fire?

The correspondance is indeed fascination. My comments would be that employee bitching is common in all organisations, and certainly I hear the same every day at my airline. I am sure a six month undercover investigation at any newspaper could reveal employees saying how poor their employer was too, and come up with off the cuff remarks that could be very juicy taken out of context. Fleet Street is known as 'The Street of Shame' for a reason.

The only thing that airlines need to take note of here is the danger of outsourcing. If you outsource, keep close managerial control of the service provider. You need to be on the inside. An airline as respectable as BA found this out recently to their significant cost and embarrasment.

Ryanair come out of this looking like a very well run company with procedures and controls very few other non-airlines have in place. I suspect this production company would fail to come even close to the standards set by Ryanair.

Let Ryanair have their unedited response.