PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2006, 00:41
Camel Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TwinAisle
Perhaps I should say at this point that I do not, nor have I ever, worked at Ryanair, so I shall leave Camel Killer's question to be answered by those who have or do. Suffice it to say, if there was something wrong at ANY airline, wouldn't the aviation authorities be better judges than "tabloid style" journalists?
In an ideal world, yes, of course. They have the industry knowledge and experience. But, when there IS "something wrong" and the aviation authority's regulatory oversight has failed to put it right, then maybe "trial by television" is the least bad option. If only to alert the public that all's not well, thus leading to a wake up call to the Authority.
Originally Posted by TwinAisle
My only real point on this thread was that I hate to see trial by television. Whether Ryanair and/or Michael O'Leary have a case to answer wasn't my point.
They have, and it's the failure of the IAA to deal effectively with the case that has led to trial by television. With all the warts and all sensationalist approach that no doubt we will see on Monday.