PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's at EK
Thread: DEC's at EK
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2006, 11:29
donpizmeov

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Rainie,
TIC is a GF fella with too much time on his hands, who wants to wind you up. If you check, you will see that he reckons EKs days are numbered and that EY will rule the skies in the near future, so I think he has no intention of joining EK.
Dune,
Unfortunatley I do not have the link. I read it whilst over Iran on the way to Euro somewhere or other day. It was in the bussiness bit last week. Also made mention of fuel being 21% of costs now instead of 14%, other companies jealous etc etc. A couple of months ago the plan was to start to get rid of some of the 330s from late next year, and the 772s not far after that. Not sure if this has changed or not.
Tic,
For those that have joined within the last 2yrs the DEC thing should not be too much of a shock, as it was underway when they signed the dotted line. But for those that joined before this, and are still waiting for the seat change course, I can understand that they are unhappy when a DEC course is given priority and they are delayed yet again. Some of the fellas I have flown with lately have been told that their upgrade courses are delayed 12mths from the time of being eligable. So thats 12 times the monthly pay check, 12 times the provident payment, 12 months of being unable to get on a flight with a subload ticket because J and Y are full and 1 profit share behind because of DECs. So I do understand why the are not happy campers. This is after a garantee from management 2yrs ago that no-one would be adversely doneby this new policy.
Don