PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's at EK
Thread: DEC's at EK
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2006, 09:48
LHR Rain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got the time and more. Should I apply, for DEC?? IT's in your manuals, you know it, so what's the problem? Your Management has stated in the recent letter, that ALL upgrades will be within the current staff, no-one is argueing with that. It also said, that up-grades will not be affected, bearing in mind, the new aircraft coming. Therefore, I am NOT a threat to you, if I do apply. If I do and get in, am I going home with black eyes!!? Can't really see the problem.

TIC you can't see the problem because you are not here putting up with all the crap. We all know what our management has stated in the recent letters. What they don't tell you is all they wanted was to hire DECs and shove our career expectations up our arses. I say this because they have already interviewed and hired DECs and have done nothing and I mean nothing for normal, transtions, and accelerated upgrades. In other words the last three criteria are not going to happen while the first catagory has and is happening right before us.
The upgrades are effected. Do you really believe management on that one? No one on the Airbus has upgraded on time in the last year and no one on the Airbus will upgrade on time (3 yrs) for at least the next 2 yrs and probably longer.
You will be a problem TIC because more than likely you will come in at 38,000 AED which as you know is more than most of the captains here. If you are worth your weight in salt, that is you come from a good company you will not leave that company for any less money and good on you. If you are making less money than 38,000 AED you must be at a really good company. HA!
So with the above metioned items you will not be popular with the pilots here at EK but especially the FOs. I think even you can see why so many pilots would be upset at the situation and the reason for being upset. That is unless you are just trying to jerk our chain.