PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's at EK
Thread: DEC's at EK
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2006, 04:56
Trashed Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what i can gather the Airbus guys are stuck in a huge Rut.
There is many F/Os with the DEC and Accelerated hours as well as 3 year F/Os , and although in the book it says they can go to the 777 they first have to go as F/os for 6 months so theyll be paired up with DECs obviously , rubbing there noses in it.
I also belive the couses do not start till late this year so these guys will not be captains for another 18 months to 2 years yeat some will have more hours than you TIC.
The transition upgrade policy was deliberately made unattractive to stop Airbus guys moving , many waiting there time on the Airbus , while even a guy can come on to the 777 as F/O and get a command in 6 months if he meets the accelerated criteria , while similarly qualified F/Os on the airbus are looking at 4-5-possibly 6 years . Unfortunately its not like CX or BA or even Virgin and you will get bitten down path ,believe me and nobody will help you no union you are on your own.
I left after 2 years as there was no light at the end of the tunnel and glad i did, i didnt choose to go on the airbus but i was put on it with no prospect of command even though i had boeing command time i still could not get onto the 777, yet guys come off the street now , and you wonder why the F/Os are pissed off.