PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 747-400 D check cancelled due to big announcment
Old 14th Feb 2006, 03:34
HotDog
The Reverend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"The flight attendants are also worried that is the aircraft go to MRO's that their lives are maybe in danager. It was mentioned the after watching the air crash investagations on the TV here in Australia and seeing the outcomes of the of poor Maintenance on aircraft there is now real concerns"

A wee bit dramatic windsurfer. The only maintenace error problems to downright incompetence that I have experienced in my flying career all occured in UK and Europe. Never in the East; Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Korea, Phillipines, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, India and the Middle East. In case you doubt my credentials, I was a Qantas LAME route stations, before I transferred to flight ops.

You can reassure your flight attendants that any MOR that Qantas may choose will be a fully certified maintenance facility by all relevant authorities and will be staffed by Qantas quality control inspectors. You never know, maybe you'll be one of them?