PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 747-400 D check cancelled due to big announcment
Old 13th Feb 2006, 22:18
wing surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well the latest thing i have heard is that the board (Dixson) is going to make an annouciment to the stock exchange on Wednesday afternoon weather this is going to be on the record profits or outsoucing of the work i am not sure. I tried to get more info from a source but the third floor of Admin 2 building at the moment has a close door policy. You walk in the door has to be closed before you talk. (so much for the open door policy).

It is getting to the point now where people just want this sign and sealed, although when the bosses came down to talk to us just recently they congratulated the workers for working through the tough times as per normal and like nothing has happening. the guys are just sick and tired of what is happening and they just want to get on with their lives look after their families and have direction back in there lives.

The flight attendants are also worried that is the aircraft go to MRO's that their lives are maybe in danager. It was mentioned the after watching the air crash investagations on the TV here in Australia and seeing the outcomes of the of poor Maintenance on aircraft there is now real concerns.

It would be intresting to see how the pilots feel about this possiblitly of sub stanard work of MRO's on the Qantas fleet.