PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trial By Press...Again
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2006, 20:03
Ali Barber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why not offer the vid to the MOD for investigation with the proviso of a scoop whichever way it turns out, and a promise of revelation with an even more damining story if it's covered up. If they renege on the deal, you have a signed contract so sue them and "publish and be damned".

As for the video itself, I've only seen the highlights on Sky. Does anyone know what happened during the half hour before it was filmed. Not condoning, but after the comments about the RMP incident and others, I don't have any idea what would make them react like that other than prior provocation.

I now live and work in a Muslim society, and a very tolerant one as it happens. They are all disappointed and can't believe that this is the norm for the British Forces. But they are subject to selective reporting as, when I pointed out how long ago this had hapened, they all throught it was filmed yesterday. The universal comment is "we could believe it if it was the Americans, but not the Brits". They are all happy with the idea that it is the small minority, if, in fact, it is for real after the Mirror fiasco.

So, it seems, we are still the most popular nationality to deliver a kicking. Sorry, that was in bad taste!