PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future of Virgin Blue in Doubt??
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2001, 12:02
Denzil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dambuster, not sure of your sources but a few items in #6 are incorrect:
1, Critically low loads, not true due to some route restructuring loads are holding up well, non US flights full in all classes and US routes making up any shortfalls with freight.
2. 1 widebody per month for next 2 years! I guess this would be the A340-600, first a/c will not be delivered until july next year at the earliest and I believe it was only firm for 8 to 10 aircraft + options.
3. Large numbers of staff laid off! A total of 1200 staff went through redundancy/unpaid leave, this is less than 20% of the workforce. BA for instance are losing just as many people as are most carriers.

The other comments are typical of information that comes from the daily newspapers (always bad news never good).
Virgin Express has no financial links with VS.

I have no doubt that RB has some juggling of finances to do at the moment and would be shocked if ANYONE in this position was any different, however give the guy a chance stop knocking him and every business he gets into. Is it because he is not a native Australian that he gets all this abuse??

I am not the #1 fan club member for RB, however I am an employee of VS and feel that the constant knocking of the various Virgin company's does little to improve our image in the public eye.