PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS ATCO Pay Deal Accepted
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2006, 16:20
flower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder how much longer this thread should be kept going.
I didn't vote in favour of the last pay deal for two reasons, the fact it was 3 years and my great unease over the student issue. The actual pay deal I am more than happy with and it is such a shame that what we are actually going to get paid is in some ways overlooked.

I am however with throwadyce over the banding issue and i think many who are not Band5s will always feel this way. We pay exactly the same amount to the union but very much feel , both in terms of NATS and Prospect, second class citizens.

Trying to get new equipment, or even anything done at the Airports relies upon your unit having a decent Airport company much of the time. Aberdeen is also not alone in doing a far greater job than maybe some realise, other so called Airports also do far greater functions controlling Class A airways and so much more besides.
A motion was passed by the Union over 2 years ago about getting units who do more than the approach function to be reassessed for banding, it has never happened. I don't believe NATS will do it either, why should they when they get so much done on the cheap.

250kts there is so much anger out there from the regionals with so many of us feeling let down by the union and the Company,whilst you may wonder why banding has come up I am not at all surprised.