PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perth Fog
Thread: Perth Fog
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2006, 11:13
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Griffo like bad pennies we just keep turning up

Yup spot on I just couldn't be bothered filling in the detail.

The phone in question was the only line night switched in FTZ for outgoing calls in case they needed to get the RFDS to come and do their thing.

The said night duty nurse, would normally have been up the other end of the hospital, usually napping, as you do. and had no need and would not normally have been down the office end. I cant remember what took her down here but whatever it was saved a whole lot of lives.

I think the relief of the Derby FSO was only beaten by the surprise of the nurse.

No kero left in the aircraft either as it rowelled to a stop.

FSO's ? I still remember them in my prayers before I go to sleep at night, they saved my sorry @rse sometimes and gave me comfort on those dark and stormy nights alongways from anywhere.

A Cessna factory guy was with me one night, Halls Creek to Perth evening monsoon thunderies, tip of a front, bit of ice, then gin clear Meeka south, 'til ILS to near the minima at Perth, damn near the same distance as halfway across the US, HF most of the way, not a sign of civilisation for hours 'cept the odd station lights and your only friend in the world the FSO.

All in a days work, he still talks about it to this day, his mates don't believe him.