PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trial By Press...Again
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2006, 10:33
Lafyar Cokov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, what these people (if it is genuine - and I have no reason to suspect that it isn't) have done is very wrong and they do our cause (of trying to placate the Iraqi's in theatre) no good whatsoever - however do we really need to have all our washing done for us in public. The insurgent media machine in Iraq is far better than we give it credit for. The Arabic media would never release - let alone hype out of all proportion - images that would damage thier cause. Yet in order to sell papers (and I would doubt that 'The News of The World' is interested in much else) our own media seem fit to publish images/video that will do countless ammounts of damage to our creditbility and will spurn more insurgents on to take out British servicemen who, no-doubt, have nothing to do with the incident. These horrific looking incidents took place in early 2004 but 2 1/2 years later it is sailors, soldiers and airmen out there now who will pay for it. I am not suggesting that incidents like these should be brushed under the carpet but the way they are presented should be with a little responsibility. [rant off/]