PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 124,9 New request radio show
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2006, 10:05
gl69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air No you agreed with some of my points but accused me of others I did not mean or even say. I said that only the basic required items need to be metioned AND NOTHING ELSE. That includes the repeated altimeter setting and runway assigned. We already know that why are you telling me that again?
Having been in Australlia and the US I can say without question that the US does it better. There is no way Chicago approach could get in half the amount of airplanes it they did the R/T the way you advocate. I know different strokes for different folks but why say more than you have to? I realize the Australlians have their way of doing things and they can do that with the amount of traffic they have. But the basic question I go back to is less more? Why say something if you don't have to?
Replying "Roger" is not acceptable to an order. Not repeating runway crossing is not acceptable. This does not apply to DXB but a pilot can say cleared to land runway "9" instead of zero, nine. Again it saves time and that what this thread is all about.