PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG : Alky Malky is coming to CAA!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2001, 16:54
OzExpat

PPRuNeaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2daddies... I could see it starting to get out of control and didn't want that to happen. Danny has had several occasions where a joke went wrong and he ended up on the receiving end of a lawyer's very terse letter. For better or worse, that is the situation and the only thing we can do to help is to try to prevent any more such correspondence reaching Danny at the end of a long trip away, when he hasn't even had a chance to get stuck into the best of "spirits"...

But I particularly didn't want to see anything erupting on a thread for one of nature's finest gentlemen. So now you might understand why I didn't quite catch the intended joke. Indeed, I had several quite serious enquiries about that matter straight after your post was answered by Chuck.

fly_boy... the reason why I said that it made not one iota of difference is that the position Wilson now holds doesn't need to be classified as a flying position. I'm not going into the "where's or why for's" of that, but it has been the case for the last 17 years, to my direct knowledge. So lets not have any further misconceptions about the position, okay?

Anyway, including the legendary MMD, we look like having at least 4 new FOIs in the near future. This will bring our FOI strength up to a total of 7, which is more than we've had since early 1985. All of them are very experienced pilots and all have in-country experience. I don't know if there are any other slots available now, but I can tell you we don't have enough desks in Flying Ops for all 7 of them!

[ 03 December 2001: Message edited by: OzExpat ]