PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 124,9 New request radio show
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2006, 13:04
03Rnow30R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rus.

We would love to do jumpseat rides with EK or anybody else around here, but we are not allowed to. We have had a thread before on the same topic. Regarding visits to the center, you are most welcome. I am trying to arrange one for somebody else at the moment. A visit isn't enough. A proper plug in and work with us to see our limitations too. We are aware of many of the problems you have as pilots, and this is the kind of thread that can help things even more. Give us specific gripes, and we can discuss your and our constraints.

Regarding the horizontal and vertical seperation. I take it from your example you were on a late downwind. The reason many guys use vertical AND lock you on a downwind heading, is that many a time somebody has not locked on the heading and commenced the turn as per the STAR towards the traffic on final. I promise you this happens more often than you think. Not me, I am sure you will say, but just think if you were the guy on final. Once again there is also the SJ traffic you may not be aware of coming off the opposite runway to DB underneath you or straight in head on below you. There is also a bit of restricted airspace that we are not allowed to descend you below 4000' on late downwind, just at the base turn, due to noise and serious doo-doo if we do do.

All I can add is that if you are not happy with the approach, or not able to do something, let us know so we can make another plan. We do try to provide you with a service. As with ATC's, some pilots are more competent than others. Today I may have a 777 ready to do a tight approach from 6 miles and quite high and tomorrow a different guy can't do the same thing. There is also no standard to the way different guys fly the same aircraft on the same approach. I am aware there are reasons for this, either technical or a tight rear ended Captain, etc. Just let me know if you can't do it!

I do have a question especially for the EK guys. We are getting a lot of wake sidestep requests these days. On downwind and in the climb-out, with the preceding 10 to 15 miles ahead. I have never experienced this before, any idea why or what is causing it here especially? Or is this common all over?

Cheers