PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 124,9 New request radio show
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2006, 08:36
ruserious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh boy, well you ask a reasonable question......, funnily enough just like what started this thread.
It's guys like you we would love to see in the center. You obviously have no idea what goes on here
Well it works both ways, maybe if you did a few familiarity trips, you would understand some of our problems and frustrations.
As it happens I have been to your control center and many others round the world, including a very interesting weekend spent at Gatwick approach. The separation question was a serious one, not a dig at you. Most other well developed ATSU's round the world either separate horizontally or vertically, rarely both. Yes it is safer to do both, just a lot less efficient. Numerous times I have been held between 5-10 miles abeam and 1000' separated from traffic to the point it has resulted in a rushed approach that loads up the crew and provides opportunities for error. and indeed the odd missed approach.
As I said before, I do understand that our regulator puts in place many restrictions on how you operate, however it would be fair to say we can be frustrated by these as we have seen much better systems elsewhere, as indeed you may have experienced more consistenly professional pilots elsewhere.