PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs following training with CABAIR
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2006, 07:47
Fish Out of Water

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

It's all well and good slagging off TS, but the fact of the matter is you have to keep in his good books if you want to be put forward for a job by him afterwards! I think he's ok as a person - but he's the spin man for cabair, will tempt you in then when he has your money is not so fussed any more. Same will go for OATS people I'm sure.

When you finish, I think you have to try and create your own luck to a certain extent. Cabair may find you a job but you cannot rely on them. I did the CTC thing when I finished turning orange, and now I'm about to go red white and blue. TS came to me with a job offer when I was waiting for CTC (took 8 months in the hold pool, 1 year on from 911).

Nevertheless, have a couple of friends from the CAP509 who still haven't found a job, but on the contrary know a few people flying jets that were modular. And as for the Oxford argument, have a few friends from there that were tossed out by the ear when they finished there and forgotton about. So no real difference in FTO's!

Think getting the job depends on luck and judgement, with obviously good grades as pre-requisite. But don't go falling out a man who could find you a job when you finish (and by the way he did lose his medical!).