PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Int. Package.
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2006, 04:34
The Bunglerat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of you just don't get it: IT'S NOT ABOUT J* DRIVERS SCREWING MAINLINE DRIVERS!

Earlier in this thread, Mr. McGoo made reference to so-&-so screwing so-&-so, although his immediate next post did point the finger more towards the "negotiators," as opposed to the guys in the trenches.

As far as "screwing it for the mainline guys" is concerned, I would imagine that's the last thing on a pilot's mind when he accepts a job with J*, especially if he has just come from G.A. More likely, he's thinking: "I'm just grateful to have a job that allows me to fly decent equipment and actually get paid enough to do more than just live from hand to mouth."

I have no malice toward anyone in either J*, QF mainline, or any other airline for that matter. I am just someone who loves to fly, and have had the opportunity to make it a living for a number of years. I recognise that my brethren are in the same boat, whoever they fly for. Of course, we all want to secure the best salary and working conditions possible, but if airline 'A' offered me a position for less salary than airline 'B' (and an offer from airline 'B' isn't forthcoming at the time), I am not going to say "thanks, but you can get stuffed while I wait for someone better to offer me a job!" Seriously! Anyone with an ounce of common sense realises that you take what you can get - at the time. If you're not happy with your circumstances, you bide your time until something better does come along. That some people out there should suggest I refuse a job on principle, just to make them feel better about themselves - even though it's to my own personal detriment to refuse - is just ludicrous.

I won't discount the possibility that maybe there is a small element within the ranks that do have an agenda against Mainline drivers, but I certainly don't believe they're in the majority - and anyone who does think that every J* driver out there is trying to "screw it" for Mainline or the industry in general, is either delusional or paranoid.

Last edited by The Bunglerat; 12th Feb 2006 at 04:47.