PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs following training with CABAIR
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2006, 23:59
skysoarer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop

Originally Posted by BoxcarWilhomena
Would this 'Tim' have the initials 'T.S.' ?
I hadn't heard that he had been "booted out", as you put it !
Does anyone know if this is true, and why ?
And if he isn't there now, where has he gone ?
Boxcar.
Hogwash... Tim is at Cabair still, and he's a bl00dy nice bloke! I've known him for a good 8 years now. I'm actually there now doing an integrated course, and due to have the wretched I/R in less than two months after nailing all the ground exams first round.

As for the modular/integrated route... there was a chat by a BACX rep a few months back (quite a few now), and he honestly favoured Integrated (no real reason I cal recall). But, Cabair certainly recommends Integrated students more due to the records they keep on such students on their progress and persona. With the modular route, if you've trained elsewhere, they're not so clear on your progress and the records are not as thorough. That's how they seem to see it, although I know many modular peeps who are top-notch. One thing I don't understand is, if a student has done *all* their modular training at Cabair, why they can't then be recommended like an Integrated student?

One of the mysteries of aviation training that will never be solved. An integrated student is equally as employable as a modular student, but it *seems* to be the case that a modular student has more work to do securing that vital airline job. That's not to say that it's all held out on a plate for an Integrated, as it isn't!

Oh and they really need to fix the cabin heaters on the twins... it's absolutely rotten this time of year. *cold toes*

Sky