PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - virgin and jetstar jobs for a newbee
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2006, 20:42
turbolager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The secret key to cracking an airline job is to have something different to offer, that sets you apart from all other applicants. Like an Antonov 72 rating for example. I would suggest you get your arse up to Kazahkstan as fast as possible, you'll need 20 grand US. Find some An72s on an airforce base and give your briefcase to the man with the most medals and stripes. Dont forget your logbook, he will take you aside and discretely put your endo sticker in - the duchess is used as a ground attack fighter up there, so your previous high performance hours can be cross credited without even flying the aircraft (jets are pretty similar anyway.)

If you can afford it, go and do an Antonov 124 rating while you are there, the duchess is pretty heavy but the An124 rating will give you just that little bit of extra heavy time to sharpen you up into the 300TT range.

By now you will getting some very excited responses to your C.V. Any twin otter operator in PNG will finally be able to upgrade to a 38 seat jet twotter, and with your Antonov 72 rating you'll probably get a direct entry command. Meanwhile, back at Qantas, impressed accountants will be rubbing their hands with glee - finally, an applicant qualified to help establish the An-124 freighter division!

You should hear back from Qantas pretty quickly, probably even before you're finished delivering all the An-72s into PNG. If you dont, they're probably waiting for you to buy an Antonov 225 rating, they'll probably call as soon as you update after doing the An225 rating.

Don't tell anyone, but there's something you should know about Qantas - they haven't actually got the air crew to handle A380 breakdowns! So when their A380 wingtip mangles a British Airways 747 wingtip at Heathrow, they will have to get a new A380 wing up there, AND a new 747 wing. The only way to do this economically is with an Antonov 225 Mriya, which is the rumour being whispered about at top board level meetings at the moment. (along with the Antonov 124 freighter division). And who is the only man in Australia with that rating? That's right, you!

Dont tell anyone about this, its strictly insider info from my neighbour's uncle's mate who is a cleaner, he's mates with the cleaner who vacuums the CEOs office, and has read all of this on the Commodore 64 that stores the secret memos. You can thank me later, I want a go on the An72.