PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Int. Package.
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2006, 20:37
fromwayback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What will you guys say to these pilots when they say no which looks likely, and the company employs GA pilots, overseas pilots wishing to come home and foreign pilots ( when Howard relaxes the labour laws ). I have got to tell you when I was spending weeks roaming around the country in a beat up old Chieftain I would have jumped at the chance to fly for that money. I knew no better. Its going to happen for this money regardless unless you stop all others accepting it. My thoughts ( and its nothing to me ) is accept it and therefore own the international seniority list at least. On the surface the money is less considering you are stuck in an international port at high cost of living so no FO will transfer and not many captains, except for an upgrading one. So all new recruits, all managament and some temp direct captains will start it BUT the domestic guys own the seniority and more domestic commands will come.
If you really think there is more money you are mistaken. There won't be as there are too many others willing to do it. If you think QANTAS can be pushed around and will bend ask the pilots at Eastern what they think now.
The minute the vote is no, the contract companies will move in. And what will you say to these pilots?? Good on you for sticking up for yourselves and ohh by the way sorry for your loss.