PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transformation in SA Aviation - going nowhere slowly (like this thread)
Old 11th Feb 2006, 11:45
Brian_Dunnigan

"I do not dispute that most of you would prefer the minority to rule. That will not happen. the minority is far too greedy, they want things for themselves and themselves only. You just have to look at the responses to this thread. People moan endlessly at the government having sponsored non pale Cadets and these cadets being placed at SAA and so forth. So much has been taken away from these humble people. Something has to be given back.
I have no issues with the government, yes they have their flaws like any other government but they've given to the non pale people more opportunity than the pale gaovernment had done in 40 years of ruling this country in just 12 years.

But BD what happens in schemes like SAA and the Airforce is that they are entrusted to pales who because they are not true to the cause, ensure that these schemes do not produce the significant numbers governement could have hoped for. Imagine for example if you could get prospector to run a cadet scheme. He would make sure that as few non pales as possible make it through or even use the funds to sponsor more pale people.

C'mon people everybody deserves a slice of the cake, be liberal and start sharing."

Again, Afri, you still do not acknowledge the influence you can have and continue to point fingers at others.

The problem is your attitude. You continue to assert that others owe you something. They owe you nothing mate!

Share with whom? As someone has mentioned previously, there is a lack of qualified candidates who bother to apply at some places.

You are so focused on race, mate, that I don't think that you can be safe in a cockpit as any disagreement will be considered as a racial issue by you. I worked once with a guy like you, saying the same rubbish and, guess what?
His ass was fired when he was taken to a tribunal and found out to be a liar!

You defend the ANC's record in government by, surprise, surprise, comparing it to the previous regime.

You just can't move forward, can you?

Apartheid as a government policy died in 1994 but every chance you get, you will hark back to the past, even though an entire generation of school children matriculated last year under the new regime.
It is people like you who hold your brethren back...you still do not commit to helping one of them in aviation but, instead, are content to blame others for failings in an entire industry.

You disgust me.

I only hope to God that the younger black, Asian and white lads will sweep the likes of you out and get SA moving ahead as "Afrithink" is a non-starter that has held much of Africa back by blaming colonisation for failing of political will.

I have no time for your kind, Afri...you are old think...the future does not belong to you as you see only race and to be honest, many will not want to work with you.

I suggested that you meet more non-black pilots. This is because many of them have been turned down at many airlines despite having more experience than you and me combined...it generally is that you are not the one they want and you could do nothing about it. How to resolve this? Move on, try somewhere else and get on with life.

Afri, to be honest, I don't like you, many here don't either, but I'll tell you to your face.It's not because you're black, it's that you, as some one said before, praat (speak) KAK!

All the best to you Afri, you're going to need all the luck you can get the way you think!