PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collision Risks?
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2006, 11:09
Jo Cover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ooh this looks like handbags at dawn!!

Glad to see that some posters are explaining their posts in a more positive way. Some unfortunately, want to stay with the 'wont happen to me brigade'. Nevermind, I'll enjoy listening to their 'Near Miss' and 'how I heroically avoided disaster' stories at the airfields I visit or reading their obituaries in the press.

Of course, a Transponder and Radio won't make you invincible by any means. That wasn't my suggestion but they will increase your chances of survival if used correctly. They are there to assist in flight safety, why oh why is that so difficult for some to see??

Ask for a FIS, RIS or RAS and if the controller can give you the service, they will. If you dont ask you won't get it but if you have asked, they might just assist in making the skies a safer place to be.

Fly the correct quadrantal level? We are assuming here that everyone flies a FL not on QFE or regional QNH?

Mono, correct me if I am wrong but shouldnt the transponder be set as part of your pre take off checks?? Presuming that you bother with those of course...

Anyhow, glad to see that you were able to handle the EFATO. Well done!!