PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's at EK
Thread: DEC's at EK
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2006, 19:06
MR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fly747,

I don't care what the rate is elsewhere... If the package at EK is not competitive anymore with other carriers hiring expats, then EK should indeed improver their package, starting with the guys who have been working their asses of for the last years to get EK where it is now. It's an absolute NO to get A,B,... packages depending on when you arrive and in what function you arrive. I don't know any company where a guy with less seniority is being paid more for the same position.

Leavers and no-showers ARE hurting the schedule. Have been called AGAIN today on my day off to crew a flight, but I gently refused to do so. I do feel sorry for the crewing guys who have to call around and beg people to fly on their days off.

AGAIN, I would ask everybody to talk to your colleagues, and try to convince them that the only way to get long term improvements at EK is to refuse any flights on days off, refuse going into discretion (only Captains can do that). I'm even thinking about only going through CBC one hour before STD. If someone blames me, my duty only starts at STD-1. Everything before that is MY time. Although before actualy doing that, I probably need to grow some more cojones.

Anyhow... looking forward to that first copy of a payslip being nicked out of a new DEC's pigeonhole and posted on some walls in CBC... How will TCAS explain that??

MR8