PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's at EK
Thread: DEC's at EK
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2006, 11:52
Scudsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DEC pay

DEC's who joined 2 years ago earned more than a Year 1 Captain upgraded from the RHS.
I thought this was already common knowledge! I'm surprised so many are in the dark on this one. Just ask the DEC's you bump into, there's no big secret.
I think the guy I joined with was straight in on year 3 pay but my memory is fading a bit with all the high altitude night flying. Neither of us had wide body when we joined.
The Engineers are faced with exactly the same problem. New Guys arrive on more money than existing engineers who then train up the new guys to do the job. Just ask around, no need for "I'll only believe it when they beat me over the head with it" attitude. Everyone I've asked has just come out with the figure!
This is a genuine abuse of the existing drivers. I've seen lots of "why are you pissed off?" comments made on these threads and this is THE reason.
Captains feel shafted (not being paid the going rate) and the F/O's are demoralised by hearing all this stuff. What's the point of jumping through all the hoops and proving astronaut ability from the RHS? Should have come as a DEC!
I think it's a bit much to ask to see a bloke's pay slip. I trust them when they say they are on more money.
I'm sorry but the rumour buster is wrong on this one...
JUST ASK THE BLOKE WITH 4 STRIPES AND A NEW STAFF NUMBER!
Simple really.