PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 747-400 D check cancelled due to big announcment
Old 10th Feb 2006, 08:49
BHMvictim

you beat me to the post about our wee meeting QFCainer.

What disappointed me, was the lack of questions surrounding the contractors. Sydney/Melbourne guys..... The nose that mis-manages our facility believes that you are too expensive to bring up on secondment. Apparently, $70/hr+ contractors are cheaper. The unions have been fighting this issue with management for some time now.... but the memebers today virtually said nothing about it in the wee meeting. Maybe nobody cares?

There are plenty of experienced guys down south ready to go. They dont need Qantasising before they start... It would be in BHMs best interest to bring people up on secondments..... it may give people a taste of Brissy and may persuade some more people to move up.

Then again... maybe it will just turn them off.

Interesting results from our staff survey conducted late November. On the question of where staff believe areas of improvements are required, staff answered....

Management 22%
Communication 17%
Resources 14%
Rewads/Recognition 12%
Training/Career Path 11%
Morale 11%
Staffing levels 7%
Shift Patterns 7%

If I was the nose & Co, I would be embarrassed.
Perhapps a little off topic.... but may help those from Sydney/Melbourne if they are forced to consider a transfer