PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - virgin and jetstar jobs for a newbee
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2006, 03:20
Ando1Bar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to hear back from your Tinpis4,

Before I talk to you about our plans, I want to clarify what a windup is. It is a special way of starting up your Piper Warrior or Arrow without having to turn the key. Here are the steps, write them down:

1. Turn on the master switch (the big red switch, should be towards the middle of the cockpit for you).
2. Push the big red lever labelled 'Mixture' fully towards the firewall. Push the big black throttle lever in as well.
3. Put the keys in the ignition and place them in the 'on' position, be careful not to turn it too far to the 'start' position otherwise you'll ruin this really cool trick.
4. Now exit the aircraft and go to where the propeller is (the big spinning thing that helps you fly).
5. Turn the propeller with your hands in the clockwise direction if you are facing the engine. Don't be scared to place your head near the propeller to hear what is going on.
6. If the propeller doesn't kick back try turning it in the opposite direction. Don't forget to place your head near the blade to hear what is going on.
7. Soon the propeller should start, and look - you didn't even have to turn the keys.

Does anyone else have any tips for achieving a 'windup'? I've never actually performed this trick myself.

Okay, back to business. I'll PM you soon with my details, our Nigerian company has many business interests that involve us placing money in various accounts. You can be assured we are a legitimate business!

You mentioned that you don't have 300 hours total time. Don't worry, at the end of my course you'll have all the hours needed (only 300!) that will give you the skills to fly 767s for my old friend. I was thinking of offering you time in a Tomahawk to build up this experience, does this sound okay given your experience in low wing aircraft? No need to fly Cessnas - they have awful high wings.

Your experience in a Duchess is fascinating, but I was thinking up bumping you up to something even more exciting - a Twin Commanche! This aircraft will give you experience at the highest level and who knows, one day it could lead to you flying in the left seat of a A380 (that's the really big new jet). Something I'll get you to practice whilst solo in the Twin Commanche is engine failures. Just pull the one of the red levers fully back towards you and you'll be practicing some emergencies. Don't worry, this type of aircraft is really easy to fly with one engine inoperative.

Please tell your buddies down at the flying school about me. I can't offer them the same benefits for $25K though, for them it will have to be $50K. Don't worry though, there are plenty of 767s to go around.

Regards,

General Alfred