PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transformation in SA Aviation - going nowhere slowly (like this thread)
Old 9th Feb 2006, 20:42
Afriviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Birdlady, some of your points taken, I'm not sure how much os the history of this country that you do know, but I can tell you that the new government sis trying to undo a deliberate plan by the previous government to deny blacks of a proper education and development.

I'm not sure how they're doing in 12 years, nevertheless it is never going to be overnight same as the transformation of our cockpits. Social engineering is a very long process which requires Capital Investment, supportive communities and a competent government. However it's not only about getting the basics right for the poor it goes up along the food chain to include the professions like Aviation and others. People need to be made to feel that they are an integral part of the economy and not just labourers and consumers.

So once again the ppruners need to accept that in light of the expensive nature of training pilots, Unfortunately taxpayers money has to be used, it is for the benefit of all in the country ultimately. The only other lternative is to alienate SA blacks from flying forever.