PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transformation in SA Aviation - going nowhere slowly (like this thread)
Old 9th Feb 2006, 19:19
Pale_ZA_Male

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had to register in order to reply to this thread. It is just too much to let it pass. Clearly I am a pale male and I have read with interest the various comments posted here.

South Africa needs to redress the imbalances of past. Miraculously we are here without a fight. Nevertheless the majority of population have aspirations and unfulfilled expectations. Without addressing these issues appropriately in the near future there certainly remains the possibility of this country becoming a Zimbabwe.

I am a landowner with a land claim on my property. The land claim exists as an attempt by government to address an issue in the past. I do not want to sell my property but the reality is without pale males making conscious and tangible efforts to address these aspirations then the whole country is at risk. I will negotiate to settle this claim by selling it on a 'willing buyer willing seller basis'. I do however expect a reasonable compensation.

Afriviation has a legitimate point. He is actually expressing it quite reasonably unlike some of the replies. The transformation he is wanting is not going to happen overnight. But unless there is a proactive and reasonable approach to include non pale males in this area of industry then it will never happen. A squeaky wheel gets oil. He's squeaking and we should at least offer some commitment to transform.