PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transformation in SA Aviation - going nowhere slowly (like this thread)
Old 9th Feb 2006, 18:54
Tokoloshe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get Real

Afriviation,

Judging from your incessant drivel and whining about how bad you have it, I can only conclude that you are not plagued by ideas...
Take a second or two and consider the many (and I mean many ) less fortunate people in this aviation business. If I was in your position, I would thank my lucky stars for where I am.
You keep harping on about aviation and the demographic balance; what about the medical field? Why doesn't the goverment just take people out of high school and make them doctors or surgeons or anaethetists? The answer is the same as aviation; You have to REALLY WANT to do it, and, just like aviation, putting inexperienced (Note, I did not say "qualified" ) people in the wrong positions invariably ends up with people dying.
As previous posters have stated, many folk were forced to take the long and hard route to where they are nowadays and they are justifiably proud of their achievements.
You will probably achieve all your goals in the airline with your demands and connections with all your comrades. That's your business, but please don't expect or demand respect from your colleagues. The world is a hard please and in case you don't know,it has to be earned.
I am an African, with a white skin and there is nothing I can do about it!
What about Africa for the Africans? Oh sorry, that doesn't quite suit your present agenda.
Just for the record, I flew many moons ago with several black Kenyan pilots operating out of Nairobi and Loki and am not ashamed to say they spoke better English than me and flew better most of the time too! Where are they now?? Mostly in KQ. Why? Because they deserved it. (There are lots of Mazungus there too )
I'm sure you will have some reply to this but quite frankly I don't care. The sad truth is that those who have been there and done it know what I'm talking about, I say sad because you obviously haven't.

I think you should just tell everyone what you really want to see in SAA that would make you really happy. I think that if you really did have a passion for aviation you would not be spending so much time at the keyboard winding everyone else up, unless you want to the head of flight ops

Maybe next time you go on a flight, ask the Captain if you can make the PA anouncement. It might make you feel better and I'm sure all the passengers will sleep better knowing that SAA actually has a non-pale (your term) pilot up front.

Let's see if you have anything of real value to add......

Kwaheri