PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS ATCO Pay Deal Accepted
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2006, 18:40
flower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately only those units who provide ATSOCAs or LARS understand the amount of work that goes into them, they are also in the brand New NATS not revenue earning so don't even show as a Blip on the board members radar screens.

We are not going to get the banding scheme changed we have to unfortunately live with it.

I really feel we have sold ourselves down the river with accepting this pay deal, next year who knows what the RPI will be but if it less than the 2.3% forecast I wonder how those who voted yes will feel. Will we next time around get told it will be a 4 year deal 5 year deal etc ?

My biggest disappointment though has been the way we have potentially shafted ourselves for the future with trainees, second jobbers will probably not even consider applying now as they, however much will want to do the job will find themselves unable to afford to do it. Second jobbers often came in with the most enormous commitment and put in so much effort to succeed.

The current training scheme seems to have been a failure, I don't hold out much hope for the future.