PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transformation in SA Aviation - going nowhere slowly (like this thread)
Old 9th Feb 2006, 17:43
Afriviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now why would anyone think I posted this thread because i had beef with some white person, c'mon I won't let the nation suffer because of one person's wrongdoing. Besides you intelligent people of pprune, which you should be by the nature of your profession, should have picked that up. Althought this is the was my 1st post I have followed the topics posted on this forum for a while. I could not help notice that a sgnificant number of posts had something to do with lambasting at the government for having done something to uplift a non pale aviator or even directed at the individual themselves or a particular aviation organisation that promoted equity.

Well before the bull**** baffles the whole world Someone had to say something to bring into prespective that not all was as gloomy for the pale aviators in SA but in fact the opposite is true. Black people are the presently disadvantaged have not taken their rightful place in SA Aviation.

You may regard that as arrogant or whatever but it is the simple truth which you choose to relate to hiring of incomptent people or the like. Well i have news for you, every black pilot out there is licenced by the Civil Aviation Authority like everyone of you and I'm not sure where this BS of hiring incompetent people comes from.

Furthermore if you are pale and have a flying job, regard yourself as lucky, and if you are about to be hired even luckier because if things were done meticulously to redress the imbalance moving forward the only pilots to be hired in SA Aviation in it's entirety should be black for the next 20 years. then we would have 95% black pilots in he country and then the principle of hiring on merit would take place. Hush hey, but realistically thats the only way transformation would in effect succeed in SA Aviation.

I myself wouldn't be comfortable with that arrangement because it would simply alienate every prospective white pilot from employment. I'm only suggesting a move from the other extreme where the whities are simply excluding blacks in Aviation.

You will argue that this is not so, then who else besides the government is willingly training and or employing blacks in this country. Solenta no. that's a lie that's SAA cadets , SAX, no that's another SAA training ground, Nationwide, no that's the CAA training ground. Mmmhh help me out here I'm running out of options. Any flying schools? Nada. Comair took 4 trainees in 19 Voetsek and that was it for them

The fact of the matter is Aviation in SA has not and will not accept blacks not unless it's forced down their throats.

Now I'm challenging all white owned Aviation Businesses have at least 1 black trainee/pilot in your ranks. Have some conscience for heaven's sake.