PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transformation in SA Aviation - going nowhere slowly (like this thread)
Old 9th Feb 2006, 11:20
JetWSH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afriviation -

Im not even on the continent anymore but the reverberations from this thread has shaken the ground under my feet. It is because of BULLSH!T policies favouring "non pales" in SA, that myself and others have to go look for jobs abroad. Luckily we've found positions much better than SAA and it's a pleasure knowing that the employment policies practised in SA won't rape us out here.

I dont want to understand why you feel the way you do or debate a topic which a non-pale will never fathom anyway. BUT, I would like to say that I am confident that even if SAA's demographic numbers were 100% in favour of blacks, it will be a matter of (short) time before it ends up like the rest of the African Airlines. Want to debate that!? Show me one succesful airline in Africa other than SAA that has an excellent safety record, well maintained aircraft and well trained crew recognized by ICAO and IATO. You say Ethiopian and Kenyan Airways? Perhaps because they have PALES in flight operations departments.

And don't come with BS saying that non-pales in general can not afford self sponsored flight training. There are plenty of wealth amongst non-pales in SA to look after their own type.