PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - virgin and jetstar jobs for a newbee
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2006, 05:26
THE CONTRACTOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A close friend of mine has a freind who know's somebody who works for smiths crisps, and this bloke knows a bloke who is very good friends with another bloke who married a woman from shell refuelling. Well this woman knows, very closely I might add, the head of human resources at Qantas. Well rumour would have it that both Qantas and Virgin got together and predicted this incredible pilot shortage and so set out to make it easier for everyone. They lowered the hurdle so to speak. It would seem that after just a few short hours in a Duchess, you could be selected to have an all expenses paid trip to the recruiting room, where after a few short minutes on a 74 or 73 sim you could be hand selected to have your Instrument rating paid for, your 74 or 73 endoresment paid for and your first roster is set to be a winner. Oh don't worry though the 74 is configured in 2 engine ops so as not bamboozle you. I also am led to believe they after duchess pilots to F111 conversion training as they have discovered the total lack of duchess time in some of the current pilots.

What a great wind up!

Just in case it is not, you seriously need to stop wasting time on these forums and start looking at the requirements of your chosen Airlines. They will give you the minimum requirements, you work it out from there. If you get knocked back from Qantas then start saving is my suggestion for :

a) Your Instrument Rating
B) Living away from home
c) A dodgy car and trailer registered in all states
d) Your Aircraft endoresments along the way
e) Retirement (in case you don't get in by then

But above all have fun, as I am sure you are with this thread.