PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WTC destruction - fight breaks out at BNE Uni.
Old 16th Sep 2001, 11:59
NormanBates

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too am a migrant. I serve in the military and have totally integrated - I am Australian and I will fight for Australia, against the country from which I come from if necessary. I believe this is my commitment and obligation to a country and a people I love. I am offended by those religious or ethnic groups within Australia who encourage and in some cases require their encumbents to enclave themselves against true Australians. Have a look how many are in the forces, how many commit to Australia. These groups use the taxation system and the social service system to there illegal limits. Some maintain assets in their home country and return to collect the OAP or whatever. This happens. I too have friends from many ethnic groups and religions but these friends are not those I talk about. I welcome an Australian commitment to help those in need in other countries however I believe we should require some obligation and commitment from anyone who wishes to become Australian and that in itself is the first commitment. You are no longer Pom, Greek, Italian, Muslim, Catholic first - you must be Australian first and it is governments' responsibility to ensure this instead of propagating the retention of cultural values first. I do not want my country to become Fiji, Afganistan or Great Britain in ten years time and if it takes a Christian interfada or whatever to do that then count me in. I am sick and tired of this interfada threat by extremist muslims - cut the bluff and wear some back!

I abhor weapons however I must admit the value of that Americans statement that if all the passengers on those aircraft had been armed then we would not be where we are today. You cannot reason with madmen.

Finally, I wish the Army had picked up all those people cheering the news on Wednesday in trucks, picked up their human rights activist mates and dumped them in HMAS Jervois bound for the Middle East. Go quickly, you are not wanted here and leave your peaceable muslims in peace instead of tarnishing all.

[ 16 September 2001: Message edited by: NormanBates ]