PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - And still they try and blame him... Ben Macdui F15s (Merged)
Old 7th Feb 2006, 15:19
A I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last I heard was that Spot Williams was on gardening leave living near Dundee. This is truly outrageous. The longest and most expensive court marshal in RAF (if not British) history exhonerated Spot and now two years after that and five after the accident the Board of Inquiry has the temerity to say that he was partly guilty after all. All this after clear evidence given to the CM that the RAF investigators tried to rig the facts to fit their theory.

To most people who are aware of the case, it seems likely that the two F15's were flying visually below cloud well before the crash when the preceding Tornado sortie had aborted due to bad weather in the area.

All controllers who do not know about the case please do a search on here (Spot Williams is a good search entry) and take heed of how you could be stiched up if the authorities choose.

I hold out little hope of reversing this as the track record is poor in these matters. Just remember the Chinook on the Mull of Kintyre.

A I